Nursery admissions season is here and it’s here with something more than just admissions. The ‘point system’, a point based admission process is on the verge of extinction and ‘lottery system’ is seen as an alternative. There is hue and cry from Parents and private schools at large. They are claiming that the change in system of nursery admission will make the admissions more complex. It was in 2011 that ‘point system’ was introduced and child scored points based on various parameters one of which is the distance of the school from child’s residence. 20-40% points were awarded on the basis of distance i.e., preference will be given to a child who lives near to the school in which he is getting admitted.
As the Delhi High court has halted the admission process for the 2013-14 academic sessions, private schools as well as parents are going to suffer. Many city schools in New Delhi had already started the admission process and many were in the process of verifying documents of applicants. At the same time many parents are sad because they were confident about their child’s admission based on “point system” admission process and now are in dilemma about their child’s admission.
Some Simple Yet Effective Fancy Dress Ideas for All
Yes the whole year will fall short if we take a look at the days we have to dress up for some occasion or the other. Adults and kids alike have to dress up for all kind of events. But the most loved one by all is the fancy dress event! Indian fancy dress events are very colorful and enjoyable at various occasions.
A fancy dress event primarily needs ideas, which should be unique, easy and kid friendly. Next comes the costume which needs to be assembled for that particular idea. Accessories follow next. All this makes it very interesting for the kids who love fancy dress and start preparing well in advance. The fancy dress costumes for kids in India can be fun as the country has diverse culture and tradition that come with diverse costumes and clothes to choose from.
Let us check out some fancy dress ideas for kids. But before we begin, it is very important to ask the kid if he/she is interesting in that particular role or the idea. If they do not like it, they won’t perform. So ensure that your idea is loved by the kids.
1. Go green: yes green is the color of modern world and your kid will learn to protect the earth with the message. Dress them up like a tree, flower or plant, which can be fun. The headpiece can be made of flowers and the body with brown paper or cardboard. Flowers can be made with different colors.
2. Fruit theme: tiny tots look cute in a fruit costume. It may be a banana, apple, pineapple etc. Tiny kids get lots of praises for this. The whole body can be made with paper and cardboard or even cloth and the headpiece with a leaf.
3. Profession: older kids can dress up like a doctor, businessman, astronaut, sweeper, hawker, fish seller, vegetable seller, etc. One can get costumes from the shops that sell or rent clothes for fancy dress competitions.
4. Regional costumes: India has several states that have different costumes. These regional costumes can become the fancy dress costumes for kids.
5. Role play: kids will love to play Superman, Tarzan, and Batman and enact like them. Some other role play may include cricketer, soldier, pirate, beggar, ghost, joker, prince or princess, angle etc. Kids will love to dress up like Jawaharlal Nehru, Gandhiji, Shivaji Maharaj, Mother Teresa and Mogul kings.
6. Animals or birds or cartoon: all kids love animals, therefore, one can dress up like a cat, butterfly, peacock, zebra, crow, or Mickey mouse, mermaid, Tweety etc.
7. God and Goddesses: one can easily dress up like Lord Ram, Lord Krishna, Lord Mahadev, Lord Ganesh or Goddess Laxmi, Parvati, Durga, Kalimata etc. They can also use the accessories like the Gods hold in the hands like flute for Lord Krishna, bow and arrow for Lord Ram, neck accessories for Lord Mahadev and other accessories.
Kid’s fancy dress ideas are plenty and they look very attractive and cute. You have to get unique ideas that are inspirational that can be used in daily life. Messages should be given verbally or written on a board so that children take it to the stage with them.
You can make the experience educative and fun for your kid and others as well.
Ideas for Packing Lunch for Kids – Daycare / School Goers
With a fast paced and hectic life that people have adopted, it seems very difficult to pay attention towards the health and food of the kids who remain out of their homes for seven to eight hours.
It is must for every parent to watch what their children eat while they are out of their homes. As kids are very fussy over food, they need to be given something very interesting and healthy everyday in their lunch boxes. Although children do not understand the need for healthy foods, it is the parent’s way of providing them great recipes for kid’s lunch box that make them healthy and fit.
Food is the basic necessity in the growing years and this is the age when kids don’t like most of the foods that we provide them. That is why it becomes difficult and sometimes very stressful to give the children healthy foods for the lunch box. However, there are ways that many mothers and fathers have come out with.
Healthy lunch box
Healthy snacks recipe for kids can comprise of cereals, pulses, vegetables and fruits that can be prepared the way your children like it. Simple changes like adding cheese, ketchups and other interesting sauces to the vegetables can make a very interesting lunch box. You can also add fruits (which are hated by kids) to the lunch box by preparing custard, fruit pudding, or cook them with sugar and cream or add it to yogurt.
What should be avoided?
Kids don’t like the same food stuff that mom’s give in their lunch boxes, which makes it complicated as moms too have a job to go to and the time is less. A little preparation a night earlier can make a big difference. Biscuits, bread, cakes or pastries should be avoided in the tiffin boxes. These are not healthy although they are cheap and can be bought easily. They do not contain nutrients and children simply become fat and increase their calorie intake.
Although it is easy to preach about good food, it is not so easy considering the likes and dislikes of the children. Yet there are a few foods that children love which can be prepared in various ways so that the child eats it and is happy about it. Most of the children love pancakes, which can be made with mixed flour of different cereals and by adding cooked vegetables of their choice and their favorite tomato sauce or ketchups.
Kids tiffin recipe can also include sandwiches which are made of cereals or mixed cereals. Although it is not recommended for daily lunch, it can be a great change for children. You can add cheese, mayonnaise, butter and different vegetables cut into very thin slices so that children do not get irritated. You can also make egg sandwich or chicken sandwich as well. Indian food has a lot of variety and with little innovation; lots can be done within no time.
So what your picky eater would love is something that he loves. But a lunch box should contain everything. Make the food attractive by arranging food in an attractive manner, with lots of color and decoration. Salads should be placed in a very attractive manner.